Sunday, March 3, 2013

Albright Knox

One artwork that made an impact on me was "Vertical Wave" by Phillippe Decracizat, because it made me think of an american flag by the way it looks as if it is a cloth blowing in the wind. I thought it was amazing that line could make something look like it is actually curved in and out when it is completely flat on the wall. This piece made me want to create a piece just like it. Another artwork that had an impact on me was Tauba Auerbach's "untitled (Fold)" because it looks like it is really a crinkled piece of paper on the wall. This was my favorite piece. I liked how the artist brought my eye to the piece with her choice of colors. I feel a connection with the Charles LaBelle's piece "Manifestation: Three San Francisco Motels & Their Surroundings" because I have decorated my high school planners like this. I used cut out squares from online pictures and magazines creating a collage much like this one. This art piece connects with me because it brings back memories and it reminds me of artwork I have created myself. Another art piece I feel a connection with is Giacomo Balla's "Dinamismo di un Cane al Guinzaglio." This image makes me think of being rushed or in a hurry, and I feel like I am always in a rush or in a hurry. I am never on time or early for anything. I would like to know more about Richard Anuszkiewicz's piece "Temple to Albers". I think it looks like the artist feels stressed and stuck. I see bars in this image and the orange color sends out a "stressful" feeling to me. I am curious to know if I am right. I would also like to know more about the piece "Baby Girl" by Marisol. I am very curious to why the lady or mother is smaller than the child. I would also like to know if the head of the baby is supposed to look like a pumpkin. This piece is very interesting and I would like to know the story behind it.
dhawco2010's Albright Knox album on Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I thought the artwork you chose for this project fit well. My favorite is the Baby Girl Wood. I think it allows the viewer to raise questions as to what the story behind it is. I thought this was well done and you gave good explanations as to why you chose each piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your artwrok collection in your blog a lot. I thought it was interesting how you chose just different pieces. It shows you really enjoy variety in life. My favorite pictures included Taubaas Auerbach's "untitled fold" and "Vertical Wave" by Phillippe Daraciziat. Both pieces are so different but so interesting at the same time. I am glad I was able to see your pictures and really review them because I didn't some of them in the art musuem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The artwork and explanations of why you chose each piece is amazing and I agree with you about the "Vertical Wave" that piece was absolutely amazing and the point you made about the flag is perfect I didnt realize that until I read your post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree the "Baby Girl" piece by Marisol was very interesting and I would like to learn more about what the story behind it is. You did a great job choosing artworks and explaining why you included each of the works in your collection.

    ReplyDelete