Friday, March 8, 2013

Reviewing Peer Responses to Artwork

1. http://artaroundbuffalo.blogspot.com/ 2. When looking at this persons first project, I thought they did excellent. They went above and beyond for the project and you can tell they put a lot of time and effort into the project. I enjoyed the pictures used for the project and thought they were very thought out and correct for each element. This person clearly understand the elements and principles of art. 3. When looking at this persons second project, I found this person used images that also interest me. We both said that Tauba Auerbach's "Untitled (Fold)" had an impression on us. We are both amazed with the way it looked like it was actually raised off the wall, but when you looked close it really wasn't. We both used Richard Anuszkiewicz's piece, "Temple to Albers" for our projects, but for different reasons. I found the piece interesting and would like to know more about it. But this person said they felt a connection with the piece. 4. Some of the images this person used I also had an interest in while I was at the gallery. But only choosing six images, i used other images instead. One of the pieces this person used that I enjoyed was Donald Judd's Untitled piece of 1969. I would love to have this piece in my home. Its interesting to look at and would really beautify a home. 5. After reading my peers reflection, I thought it was interesting to see another persons views on elements and principles. I also enjoyed having interest in piece of art as someone else and for the same reason. Makes me feel like I have a connection with some people in the class. 1. http://mdillonaed200.blogspot.com/ 2. When looking at this persons first project, I really liked how she focused mainly on capturing outdoor images rather than indoor images. I think this person achieved her goal in this project. I don't see anything wrong with any of her images and I think she truly understands her elements and principles or art. 3. When looking at this persons second project, I saw that she two of the same images as I did for the project. We both used Phillippe Decrauzat's "Vertical Wave." But we used this image for different reasons. She said she would like to know more about the piece, but I said that the piece had an impact on me because I was amazed with the way it looked like it actually came off the wall. We also both used Marisol's piece, "Baby Girl" for the same reason. We would both like to know more about the piece. 4. One of the pieces this person used that I had an interest in was Sol LeWitt's "Wall Drawing." I stared at this piece the whole way up the stairs but didn't use it for my project because I could not find a label for it. I also noticed everyone else staring at the piece while walking up the stairs. It really attracts the eye. 5. After reading my peers reflection, I thought it was interesting that we both said the same exact thing about Marisol's piece "Baby GIrl." We both would like to know why the baby was so large yet the mother was so small. I also enjoyed seeing what other images she found interesting that I didn't really care for. 6. I thought the comments posted by my peers on my blog were very supportive. They made me feel like I was successful with these two projects. I enjoyed reading complements on my hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment