Monday, February 25, 2013

My Logo Design

1. Discuss what you thought about creating your logo. I thought creating my logo was interesting and fun. I enjoy drawing especially something that represents me and the logo design was completely about me. I never realized I could actually create a logo for myself. 2. Describe the process: creative thinking skills and ideas you used in the logo creation. I used trial and error when creating my logo design. I started out with drawing things that i love such as a lacrosse stick and basketball to represent sports. Then I drew a chicken wing and an ice cream cone because i love food. Then i worked out trying to fit the pieces together to make one design. After sketching out a bunch of designs I realized I could not figure out a way to incorporate the chicken wing into my design so I worked with the ice cream cone and the lacrosse stick. When I found a way to combine those two with my name, I found a way to bring it all together with the basketball. After I decided on my design, I had to decide on colors and medium. I chose to work with markers because I was looking to create thicker and thinner lines of sold colors in my design and I thought markers would work best for that. 3. What was the most important discovery you made in the creation of your logo? The most important thing I discovered when creating my logo was that create a logo is not easy. Finding a way to bring the logo together as a whole was difficult. It took many steps and sketches to find what looked best. 4. What is the most important information you learned from watching the videos, powerpoint, and reading material  for this project? What is your opinion of the videos? The most important information I learned from watching the videos, powerpoint, and reading material for this project was that you don't need a lot of detail. The main idea is knowing what the design is and what it represents. A lot of the time, logos are contour drawings.
dhawco2010's logo design album on Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment