Monday, February 18, 2013

Value Scale, Color Wheel

1. Discuss what you thought about creating the Value Scale and Color Wheel. I thought creating the value scale was kind of frustrating. I worked from black to white and when I first started, I felt like all my blacks looked like they were the same shade. But then after finishing the scale they seemed to fit in much better. Also I was very impatient when creating the value scale. I know that when using graphite, you should not press the pencil to make the shade darker, that will cause the paper to be shiny. You're supposed to continue to go over the graphite to make the shade darker, which I felt like took forever. 2. Which media did you enjoy working with the best and why? I enjoy working with graphite more than i do paint, just because I feel like I have more control. Graphite erases and is easy to fix when you make a mistake. Paint is much harder to fix and when you try to paint over something too many times it tends to ruin that part of the paper. 3. What was the most important discovery in the creation of these studies? The most important discovery in the creation of these studies was that cameras don't always capture color and shades the way you see them in person. My blue on the color wheel looked more purple in the picture than it did in person. 4. What is the most important information you learned from watching the videos for this project? What is your opinion of the videos? The most important information I learned from watching the videos for this project was that the primary colors are not red, cyan and yellow. They are magenta, cyan and yellow. I knew blue was really cyan. But i didn't know that red was magenta. Also I learned that magenta, yellow and cyan mixed together make black. I always just used black paint or mixed dark colors together to make black, I never knew the primary colors actually made black. I think these videos are very informative for people who don't know how to mix colors or how to create a value scale. But having an art major in the past, I have already learned these things and I didn't need the videos.
dhawco2010's Module 4 album on Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment