Friday, May 10, 2013

Reflections of AED 200

1. What were you expectations for this course and where they met?
My expectations for this course were to learn some things that I have not yet learned about art such as the history and background of art. These expectations were definitely met. I have learned about how cultures have different art. I learned about cave art, gothic art, and all the different art styles and themes.

2. Now that you've been through this course, What is art? How would you define it now compared to your initial posting?
After being through this course, I still would have my definition of art; to take your feelings and put them onto paper. But I would add to it that art is a way to tell a story and to show your culture through images.

3. Who was your favorite artist in your original posting and who is your favorite visual artist now? If there is a difference, why do you think so? If you have the same favorite artist, why do you think so?
In my original posting I said that I didn't have a favorite artist, but when I usually have to pick one I chose Leonardo Da Vinci because I know him the most and know he created the "Mono Lisa." After this course, I would still say the same thing. But if I could choose myself, I would do that as well, because I am the only person who will be able to create art the way I like it, with my own interests and feelings.

 4. Now that you've completed this course, how do you feel about taking an online course? Is your answer the same as it was in your first posting? How is it the same or different?
This was my first online course, I will say it is a lot of work but I enjoyed it. I enjoyed being able to work around my schedule and completing things when it best suited me. I have actually registered for two online summer classes, and I have always told myself I would never take classes during the summer. I am also registered for two online fall classes as well as the rest of my classes that I will be taking at Buffalo State. I am glad I took this course and succeeded at it. I think it made me more organized and made me pay more attention to when things were due and I had to plan accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment