Friday, April 12, 2013

Module 10 Blog

1. Explain why you selected each of the TWO videos you choose from the selection listed above. I chose the video African Art: Legacy of Oppression, because I find african art and masks to be interesting. I was interesting in learning more about them. I chose the video Hinduism because I am currently learning about Hinduism in one of my classes and so I thought it would help to know a little about one of the topics. 2. For each video list/discuss the key concepts you learned. In the video African Art: Legacy of Oppression, I learned in yombe culture, masks were called angebote, which means a sinking feeling in the pit of the stomach. I also learned that the most common magical art object of all times were masks. Belgium's Tervuren museum contains the worlds largest collection of central african art. The museum consists of approximately 250,000 pieces. In the Hinduism video, I learned that Hindus invest a lot in their elaborate decoration. Hindu art is shown a lot in the architecture of its temples. The Kandariya temple is most famous for it erotic panels. 2. How do the videos relate to the readings in the text? Both the videos and the text talk about the architecture of the Kandariya temple. Both the videos and the text talk about the importance of African Art and its masks. 3. What is your opinion of the films? How do they add depth to understanding of the readings and art concepts? The films showed more and better images to help you understand what you were learning in the text. You could actually see around he Kandariya temple in the film rather than the one side that the picture shows in the text. In the African Art video, I was able to see and learn more about masks that weren't in the text.

No comments:

Post a Comment