Saturday, April 6, 2013

Art Making/Material Exploration Drawings - Exploring Line

1. What was it like using your hand as subject matter for a drawing? I enjoyed using my hand as a subject matter for a drawing. Hands have a lot of line and a lot of little detail. The lighting causes a lot of shade on your hands as well. 2. What media did you select - pencil or charcoal? Why? I chose to use pencil because you can erase pencil so it is easier to fix mistakes. Charcoal isn't as easy to fix mistakes and knowing I had to draw with my left hand, I thought pencil would be a better idea. 3. How did it feel to create a drawing with your non-dominant hand? It felt weird drawing with my left hand. I felt like I wasn't holding the pencil right and like I couldn't move the pencil where I wanted to. But the drawing wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. 4. Compare and contrast your final drawings. Do you think they are successful studies? I think my drawings are okay, they could be better but they're not horrible. I found that my dominant hand is better with scale. My non dominant hand drew my dominant hand a litter smaller than it should have been. It was harder to draw a straight line with my non dominant hand. Overall I thought my drawing with my dominant hand of my non dominant hand was better. 5. Would you consider using your non-dominant hand to create artwork in the future? No, I would not consider using my non-dominant hand to create art in the future. I don't like how I feel I don't have control over my non-dominant hand and I think my artwork turns out much better with my dominant hand.
dhawco2010's Hand Drawing album on Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment